Purpose: This essay illustrates a methodical approach in analyzing and recommending solution to improving one or more components of a business process.
Objective: The objective of this essay is to satisfy the requirements listed below.
1. A description of the chosen process.
2. An “As Is” flow chart of the process to be analyzed.
3. Describe the relationship of the process with the organization’s strategic plan.
4. Identify the internal and external customers that are currently impacted by the process that would benefit from the process improvement.
5. Identify the most appropriate quality management tool that can be used to collect and present data on the process improvement changes.
6. Utilize your selected quality tool to analyze your process and identify process improvement opportunities.
7. Estimate the level of improvement that could be realized and the value of implementing this process improvement.